If you’re looking for a super quick and easy last minute holiday brunch idea, you found it!
Chef Trisha Gordon used our Creamy Pesto and Baked Feta Fauxmages for this very simple appetizer that is sure to WOW the crowd around the dining room table this week.
Festive Fauxmage Holiday Bundles
Yield: 8 Bundles
● 1 x 397g package Tenderflake puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
● All purpose flour for dusting
● 16 tsp Creamy Pesto Fauxmage (2 tsp per bundle.)
● 8 tsp Baked Feta Style Fauxmage (1 tsp per bundle.)
● 1 vegan sausage, cubed. eg. Tofurky or Yves Italian sausage
● 6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced.
● 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed (3-4 stalks per bundle)
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● 2-3 tsp vegan butter, melted
● S & P
1. Cut the puff pastry in half, on a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a square
approximately 9 x 9 inches.
2. Cut each square into 4 even squares. (8 total)
3. In the middle of each square crumble 2 tsp of Creamy Pesto Fauxmage & 1 tsp
of Baked Feta Style Fauxmage.
4. Toss asparagus (3 – 4 stalks per square) in a dish with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and a
sprinkle of S & P. Place the asparagus sprigs onto each pastry square with tops
and bottoms pointing towards 2 corners.
5. Add a few slices of cherry or grape tomatoes and cubed vegan sausage to each
square, keeping ingredients towards the center.
6. Fold one corner over the filling, and then fold the adjacent corner in the opposite
direction to enclose the filling. Press the dough together a bit to create a seal.
7. Brush each bundle with a bit of melted butter.
8. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate while you preheat the
oven to 400°F.
9. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown. Check at 15 minutes, if
bottoms are browning quickly, gently flip bundles over using a spatula to finish
cooking for another 5 minutes. If any filling falls out just tuck it back in a bit