This light and refreshing salad is the perfect thing to make when you’re wanting something healthy, tasty and easy to make. We used local, organic mixed greens as the base but you can use your favorite salad base! We topped it with tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, candied nuts, and our new and amazing ‘Faux Naturel’ Fauxmage.
For the dressing, we got some of our favorite cheesy topper – Good Parma (made in Nova Scotia!) and mixed it with olive oil, lemon, and a dash of apple cider vinegar for a yummy, light topping.
For the candied nuts, we used this recipe. I’ve recently become obsessed with candied nuts! A perfect sweet snack or topper for ice cream, salads, curries, etc. They’re so versatile (and never last very long!..) and take almost no time to make. I always have some raw mixed nuts on hand so I can make these in just a few minutes.
Green Salad with Faux Naturel and Candied Nuts
- 4 cups Greens
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Blueberries (or any fruit you like!)
- 1/4 cup Candied Mixed Nuts (link to recipe above)
- Fresh Start Fauxmage 'Faux Naturel' as much as you'd like
- 2-3 tbsp Good Parma Cheesy Topper
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Make batch of candied mixed nuts (recipe above)
- Assemble all salad ingredients in bowl
- Mix together all dressing ingredients
- After candied nuts have cooled, add to salad along with dressing
- Top with Faux Naturel
- Voila! Happy eating 🙂